12 juli 2014

Oatmeal: everyday powerfood

As I love experimenting with food and especially breakfast and dessert, I decided to share my 3 favourite oatmeal recipes with you! Because who wants to eat the same bread every morning while oatmeal is a much healthier way to start your day? I must admit that in the beginning I didn't like oatmeal at all because it's so sticky and warm. I prefer refreshing breakfasts so I tried lots of recipes but my problem was that I liked everything except the oatmeal.. So here you have 3 recipes I absolutely love, even with the oatmeal!


- Applesauce (and berries) overnight oatmeal  -
inspired by the Oatmeal Artist

ingredients 
(as much as you like, i usually use about one cup of everything)
oatmeal (I use quaker)
applesauce
pinch of salt
(frozen berry mix) => I always add frozen berrries
milk of your choice / Yoghurt 

  the night before:
 put everything in a bowl, stir and put in the fridge for a night
your oatmeal is ready to eat the next morning!




- Vanilla, non-sticky, frozen berry oatmeal -
ahh my favourite!

ingredients:
oatmeal (1cup)
butter to bake the oatmeal
frozen berries (1 cup)
vanilla sugar
cinnamon
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of milk of your choice

in the morning:
bake the oatmeal in a frying pan for about 10 minutes until the oatmeal is a bit brown and smells like popcorn. Put the oatmeal in a bowl. Put the milk and the water in the frying pan, add the vanilla sugar and the cinnamon. Put the pan somewhere else just before it starts to boil. Add the oatmeal and cover the mixture. Do not touch for 10 minutes. Your oatmeal is ready! Put it in a bowl and add frozen berries for a refreshing touch.



- Greek Yoghurt oatmeal with fresh fruits -
(follow me on instagram yay yay yay)

=The healthiest!

Ingredients:
oatmeal
greek yogurt (contains more proteïns than normal yoghurt)
honey
 fresh raspberries
1 peach

recipe:
put the greek yoghurt in a bowl and top with the raspberries, peach, oatmeal and honey!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten